The Above Ground Pool & Spa Company was established in 1995 in San Antonio, Texas, but its staff has been building and installing both above and in-ground pools since 1979. Our construction foreman brings nearly 30 years’ experience to the job site, and several of our employees have been with us for over 15 years. They’re seasoned specialists!
At Above Ground Pool & Spa, you will see the difference in quality and customer care. Unlike our competitors, our licensed swimming pool installers are involved in the sale, answering your questions to help you make the best choices for your backyard, while applying for the required installation permits.
Come visit our store and showroom, where you can browse and test our spas and fully installed above ground swimming pools. We also carry pumps, filters, cartridge replacements, maintenance equipment and chemicals, swimming pool toys, accessories and safety equipment, automatic cleaners, spa maintenance equipment and spa accessories. Looking for something specific? Give us a call and we’ll let you know if we have it in stock!
Above Ground Swimming Pools
We carry round and oval above ground swimming pools and “spools” (pools with spas) in economy, middle and high-end models. Our round pools start at 8 ft. in diameter and end at 30 ft. in diameter, with 15 sizes in-between. Oval pools start at 10 ft. by 12 ft. and end at 18 ft. by 40 ft. with eight sizes in-between. Spools are available in almost all round sizes- the above ground spas can be attached to almost all of our round pools. View our gallery here.
Though our prices are similar to competitors’, the quality of our finished products is far superior because we personally install every swimming pool we sell. The Above Ground Pool & Spa Company does not hire subcontractors to build and install our products, so we can control and guarantee the quality of our service, from sale to installation and beyond.
We’re actually the only above ground pool company with a Certified Building Professional (CBP) on staff. Our president, Pat Walsh, is accredited by the Association of Pool & Spa Professionals (APSP) as a CBP in demonstration of his dedication to and knowledge of high-quality pool design, construction and installation, continuing education, integrity, safety and quality. Learn more about the CBP program here.
For over a decade, we have sold high quality spas to our customers. The unique adaptability of these spas is unlike any other on the market. Learn more about our spas and our private test spa room here.
Weekly Pool Maintenance
Once a week, a technician in our fully stocked “pool store on wheels” can visit your house to clean and maintain your pool. No one else provides this mobile service! Protect your investment and enhance the health and hygiene of your above ground swimming pool or spa with our weekly services. You are also welcome to bring a sample of your pool water to our store any time for a free comprehensive test.
If you’re experiencing any technical issues with your pool or spa, just give us a call. Because our mobile service truck is stocked with filter systems, maintenance equipment, chemicals and other mechanical parts, very seldom do we have to revisit a job site. We can give you a quote and start servicing your pool the very same day. Contact us or learn more about the Mobile Pool Shop.
Vinyl Liner Replacement
Above ground swimming pool liners make the pool pleasing to the eye and comfortable to touch. Quality pool liners are remarkably resilient and are not easily damaged by pool chemicals. They also increase the lifespan of the pool with increased durability from an extra layer of protective skin.
Vinyl liners also provide an easily cleanable surface, enhancing the hygiene of the pool. Pool liners for above grounds have come a long way from the days of solid blue liners as the only design option. Now you can choose between different colors, styles and patterned liners for your pool.
Professional liner installations can add years of life to your above ground swimming pool. Our trained experts can determine what repairs are necessary to bring your pool back to its original condition.
When buying a pool liner from Above Ground Pool Company, you are assured of a fast and quality installation backed by the best professional service department in the industry. Unfortunately for other customers, we have found that when non-professionals install pool liners, they make many mistakes and wish they had hired a professional.
Professional Installation for a Wrinkle-Free Liner
They may be cute on your grandmother’s face, but wrinkles in your pool liner really are bad. When dirt and debris get caught in wrinkles, vacuuming becomes more difficult and finally they become targets for tearing! Our professional installation will provide a smooth, wrinkle-free liner.
Our crews are always on time! Schedule your “pool renovation” now. Remember, we are the above ground pool specialists.
Please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org a few photos of your pool with the size and manufacturer and we will quote you a price for your vinyl liner replacement.
Other valuable information to include in email:
- Is there a pool deck? ½ ways around? All the way around?
- Is the pool empty? When did the pool last have water in it?
- Is the pool recessed into the ground? Backfilled?
- Where was the pool purchased?
- How old is the pool?
Since 1996, the Above Ground Pool Company has received 35 design awards among our eight-state region of the Association of Pool & Spa Professionals (APSP). None of our competitors have ever won an award like this because they don’t install swimming pools: they just sell them!
We are also an AQUA 100 winner and are proud to be in the AQUA 100 Hall of Fame. Each year between 1989 and 2010, AQUA Magazine published profiles of 100 of the top spa and pool dealers, builders and service companies in the industry. For five consecutive years, we were an AQUA 100 winner for the overall professionalism we displayed in the areas of customer service, store design, product knowledge and craftsmanship, earning our place in the Hall of Fame. Learn more about the program here.
Reasons to buy from Above Ground Pool Company
- We don’t expect you to pick up your pool seven days in advance. We will deliver the pool on the day it is scheduled for installation.
- We don’t use “independent contractors.” All our work is performed by company employees. We include a one-year installation warranty, not a “30 Day limited warranty.”
- It is not the customer’s responsibility to obtain building permits where needed: it is the responsibility of the company that is performing the job. Our installation crew is bonded and licensed.
- Excavating the pool site in diggable dirt is included in our installation fee. There are no additional charges for “excess excavation” (over eight feet off level).
- It is not the customer’s responsibility to have the underground electric, cable and telephone lines located. Our salesperson will take care of that for you.
- We will require only six feet of access to the backyard, not 10.
- We will never require you to order the material. We are the experts, we will arrange for the sand to be delivered.
- We do not require the customer to backfill four to eight feet around the pool, because we do not level the pool on sand— which can cause “sand washout.” All manufacturers warn against leveling the pool with sand.
- We will remove a section of fence for access to the backyard, and we will reinstall it.
- Please take note of our display pools. They are perfectly level, wrinkle free, and crystal clear. If a dealer cannot install or maintain their display pools properly, what will your pool look like?
- We do not carry “closeouts.” What closeout usually means is the manufacturer no longer makes nor stocks the particular pool frame. Parts will be impossible to obtain in the future.
- Our pool frames are more durable. For example, our 24-foot round has 17 uprights. Most economy frame imported pools use only 16 uprights, which increases the distance between each upright.
- And finally, the best reason to have your pool installed by us... We’re the above ground pool experts!